Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:17 PM   #1
pmcdn
macrumors regular

Disks won't show up in finder or run

I have a unibody MBP with Snow Leopard on it. I haven't put a disk in it in a long time but tonight when I did, it slowly spins, etc and then ejects it in about 15 seconds. It doesn't show up in finder at all.

I first put in my snow leopard disk, then a dvd, then a music cd... nothing.

I went to the finder preferences and made sure everything looked ok, but no joy.

Any ideas?
pmcdn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:25 PM   #2
snaky69
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcdn View Post
I have a unibody MBP with Snow Leopard on it. I haven't put a disk in it in a long time but tonight when I did, it slowly spins, etc and then ejects it in about 15 seconds. It doesn't show up in finder at all.

I first put in my snow leopard disk, then a dvd, then a music cd... nothing.

I went to the finder preferences and made sure everything looked ok, but no joy.

Any ideas?
I'd tell you to run the hardware diagnostic from the snow leopard DVD, but I guess that isn't possible.

Have you tried booting while holding down C and inserting the snow leopard DVD, if that works you have some kind of software issue going on, but it's most likely not the case.

I'm thinking your superdrive may be dead.
snaky69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro