Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

topcatdc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
I'm stuck in a very peculiar problem with my iPhone 3G and any help would be very appreciated. My iPhone 3G was jailbroken and it was running smoothly until one morning I plugged it to my car stereo through USB (which I do everyday) and it did something funny. It restarted and got stuck in the recovery mode. I tried to do a full restore in iTunes but it returns me an Error 9. After a little research on apple and other website I came to know it could be something regarding the USB connection. I tried changing the USB cable, USB port, computers - both mac and pc. Nothing helps. I even tried to connect it through a USB hub as it was suggested by some forums. Didn't do anything. Yesterday, however, I tried to jailbreak it again with redsn0w. It did everything and the process was successful,but when the system reboots, it goes back to the recovery mode. I did it couple of times, and for the last few times i tried changing the boot logo just to see if it is indeed doing anything. Frustatingly, it repeats the whole process and wont go beyond the recovery mode. And, it didn't change the old boot logo, so i'm not sure if it is even working. Before the phone crashed, I believe I had 3.1.2 firmware (not entirely sure though). When I connect the phone through a hub, it shows me error 1600 and error 20 occassionally. Any help? Anyone?

*** Yes, I was trying to restore it under DFU mode and I'm certain I'm doing it right coz redsn0w was working!***

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.