Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

argonaeut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Hmm...this one looks interesting. It has a nifty locking thing for those that don't want other people getting their grubby hands on the Ipad ;)
...or little kids :D

http://www.newpcgadgets.com/products/iPad-securitycase/index.html

Here's the features:

• Stylish Leather Case
large_open.jpg

• Combination Locking Case
large_closed.jpg

• Flip-Open Tab Improves Angle
lrg_4.jpg

• Engraved Vanity Plate
lrg_5.jpg

From the looks of the pictures it seems like it might work for typing.

Does anyone have this case where they could post their impressions of it?

Enjoy!

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Oh that is where the picture of a case with an engraving on it came from. Looks pretty good, not sure if it would suit my needs.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Looks interesting, but the possible display angles seem somewhat limited (ie shallow). Anybody have any experience with this case?

iThinman

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
I personally think it looks like trash and is another example of case manufactures ignoring the importance of the edge of the screen.

Also, in the first pic, the iPad is installed backwards and in the third, the closing strap looks like it's natural bend will clunk that clasp right on the iPad screen unless purposely folded back.

Poor design.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I personally think it looks like trash and is another example of case manufactures ignoring the importance of the edge of the screen.

Also, in the first pic, the iPad is installed backwards and in the third, the closing strap looks like it's natural bend will clunk that clasp right on the iPad screen unless purposely folded back.

Poor design.

That is exactly what I noticed. The strap is lying back on top of the screen. There appears to be no way to keep it out of the way.

I would be interessted to hear from the poster who said s/he had several. Is the strap a problem or can it naturally be kept out of the way? And what about the viewing angle?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
That is exactly what I noticed. The strap is lying back on top of the screen. There appears to be no way to keep it out of the way.

I would be interessted to hear from the poster who said s/he had several. Is the strap a problem or can it naturally be kept out of the way? And what about the viewing angle?

Isn't it obvious enough that the op is actually not the customer here?
Looks terrible and I wouldn't use it even if you paid me to.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Ugly ugly case. And yeah that strap is a worry!

Yeah...just what you want that buckle from the combo lock just LYING across your screen. And those raised ridges that hold the case at an angle look like they'd be rubbing against the screen when the case is closed.

A big old FAIL.

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
When I read the thread title, I was thinking oh ok, a case that has some sort of loop to attach a laptop cable so it stays where you left it, not a bad idea. Boy I was waaaaaay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.