Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:43 AM   #1
theBigD23
macrumors 6502

WiFi icon on iPad dissapearing?

Hello,
Has anyone noticed that the WiFi icon on the iPad goes away and then comes back? It's very quick, about a second. The connection is not lost, but the WiFi icon just goes away.
theBigD23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:50 AM   #2
Jinkst
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBigD23 View Post
Hello,
Has anyone noticed that the WiFi icon on the iPad goes away and then comes back? It's very quick, about a second. The connection is not lost, but the WiFi icon just goes away.
Happens every now and then when there is a blip in the connection but meh, nothing to worry about really.

"Men lie, women lie; Numbers don't" - Jay-Z
Jinkst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:20 AM   #3
p-rice
macrumors regular

I noticed that as well. Yours might be different but my wifi has seriously gotten worse now. Everytime I turn the ipad off then back on, I lose my wifi connection completely. i have to manually go into settings and connect. It's been like this for a while now and it is pissing me off. Tried everything possible. Restarting router, rebooting iPad, etc.. No luck. I may have to go in the apple store again for another replacement. Had my iPad replaced once due to having visible lint under the glass screen. Also note that my first iPad never had these wifi problems.
p-rice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:31 AM   #4
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

I noticed this day one, told Apple about it when I had to return my first iPad ... she didn't seem to really say much about it. I've watched it happen while watching netflix and it did not have any affect (knock on manufactured wood) on my connection. I have no clue why it happens really.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:48 AM   #5
Staindsoul
macrumors 6502

My iPad was fine the first week but now it is doing it numerous times throughout the day. It will sometimes go a few minutes before finding the signal again. I am hoping this can fixed with a software update. Don't feel like returning it, just to get another that will do the same thing.
Staindsoul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:56 AM   #6
Staindsoul
macrumors 6502

I know its not my internet because both my laptops are on it all day, with no issues. Frustrating.
Staindsoul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:59 PM   #7
theBigD23
macrumors 6502

I don't lose connection either. It just goes away and comes back. Maybe a software issue that will be fixed later.
theBigD23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 08:28 AM   #8
Deschodt
macrumors newbie

Mine was doing that a lot too (icon dissapearing, losing connection)...

I changed the verizon FIOS router from B/G to G only, same difference.
For grins (and $49), I bought an N router and disabled the wireless on the fios router. Hasn't dropped once since (5 days)... Still testing...

Not saying N is faster, I can't tell, but the range seems a little better and the drops have stopped. Fingers crossed !
Deschodt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad