Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msslife

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Hello guys.
I have Macbook pro Aluminum
Lately, a juice fell down on my trackpad and now my trackpad is not working very well when I click (right click or left click) and it is sticky.

I have asked someone could I clean the trackpad myself or would it be cheap if I take it to a athorized apple stores (no apple stores in my country) He told me they will need to change whole the body because the trackpad is intergrated with the face body of the laptop.

So guys is that true? he say they probably asks for 190$ for fixing this!

Why should not it be easy since it is only about cleaning the trackpad from inside and that's all?

Please help me guys.

hypermog

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2009
Hmm, haven't had this problem myself, you could go to the Apple store and see if they have something.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
If it's $190, that's not much at all. Apple usually charges $1200 to fix that (Tier 4 repair).

If it's just sticky, open it up, and remove the battery. Clean the underside of the trackpad with rubbing alcohol.

Good luck. Sorry to hear you spilled juice.

msslife

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Hi thanks for your answer

Well, the problem is how can I open the machine! there is no video instruction for the new mackbook pro aluminum

If it's $190, that's not much at all. Apple usually charges $1200 to fix that (Tier 4 repair).

If it's just sticky, open it up, and remove the battery. Clean the underside of the trackpad with rubbing alcohol.

Good luck. Sorry to hear you spilled juice.

RetepNamenots

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2009
Hi thanks for your answer

Well, the problem is how can I open the machine! there is no video instruction for the new mackbook pro aluminum

It is simple:

- Remove the screws from the bottom of the case.
- Remove the battery. This may be held in by a couple of screws.

The trackpad is underneath the battery. I do not know how easy this is to clean, but at least you'll have clear access to it, and you won't need to remove any warranty stickers by doing so.

msslife

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Thank you so so so much guys!

Finally I have cleaned it and it seems very good so far!

Gosh! i don't know how did I afford using my mac when it was sticky!

Thanks again so much to all of you :D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.