Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:02 PM   #1
shakeman0
macrumors 6502a

Dust under Screen Protector?

I put on my screen protector and some dust managed to get on it!!!!!! Is there any way to get it off the under side of the screen protector? Do you think it will scratch the ipads screen?

Thanks
shakeman0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:10 PM   #2
antiprotest
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeman0 View Post
I put on my screen protector and some dust managed to get on it!!!!!! Is there any way to get it off the under side of the screen protector? Do you think it will scratch the ipads screen?

Thanks
Remove the screen protector and enjoy.
antiprotest is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:42 PM   #3
mcdj
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiprotest View Post
Remove the screen protector and enjoy.
maybe the OP bought an anti glare protector. I don't "enjoy" fingerprints myself.

OP, try to gently peel the corner up, and keep peeling until you reach the spot with the dust. take a small piece of Scotch tape and just barely touch the sticky side to the dust spot. with any luck you will pick up the dust. careful not to touch the actual screen protector with your finger.
mcdj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:47 PM   #4
ZZ Bottom
macrumors 6502a

What type is it? Static or adhesive?

I had several pieces of dust/debris under my Static screen protector. I carefully pulled back from different angles and used a piece of scotch tape to pick up the pieces. Because the screen protector is staticy, the debris didn't sit on the glass, which means I did not have use the tape on the glass. After removing several pieces, I resmoothed out the screen protector and it is completely unnoticeable on the screen now. Forget the people that say you don't need one. Sure the glass is very durable, but everything has a breaking point and accidents happen.

If your screen protector uses adhesive like the Zagg ones, this advice obviously won't happen. disclaimer: this advice is not guaranteed to work, avoid touching the tape to the glass, but rather just try to touch the backside of the screen protector while you pull it back carefully.

EDIT: mcdj beat me to it. Takes a bit longer to type out long messages on the iPad :P
ZZ Bottom is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad