Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:41 PM   #1
total ludite
macrumors newbie

Email only on iphone and not downloading to computer

Hi,
As my user name indicates, I'm not completely across this technology. Recently purchased iphone and all going smoothly except this morning when I checked my email on iphone it downloaded no problem..but later when I switched my computer on, those same emails did not load and appear in the outlook account. First time this has happened. Normally, so long as I don't delete them on iphone, later they will download to outlook (this is how I want it). Have checked in phone that the setting 'delete from server' is switched to never. (it is as always has been. Help please?
total ludite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 03:23 PM   #2
feldyjan
macrumors newbie

Angry Mail - iPhone/computer

I am having the same issues -- that "some" emails do not load into my computer after I have viewed on my iPhone. Totally inconsistent, which makes troubleshooting really hard. It appeared to start (about a month ago) after I did the most recent iPhone OS upgrade. I have an original iPhone, & on Mac OS 10.4.11, using Mac Mail. My mail server is Google Apps.
feldyjan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 03:26 PM   #3
SDub90
macrumors 6502a

Are you using IMAP or POP to access the mail server?
SDub90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 04:06 PM   #4
feldyjan
macrumors newbie

iPhone/Mail issues

I am using POP. It's been suggested I switch to IMAP - not sure ..... it's still happening sporadically. I am wondering if it's something to do with gmail/Google apps mail. Google apps mail does not email back to you messages that you send to a group (such as Yahoo groups). Some gmail addressed emails don't get to my computer (after downloading to the phone) - some do ...... very odd ..... The glitch started happening after recent Phone OS upgrade ....
feldyjan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 02:05 PM   #5
tamarawade
macrumors newbie

i am also having this issue a year later.. do either of you remember how you fixed the problem? i just switched over to google apps and downloaded the firmware update.
tamarawade is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting