Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:59 AM   #1
cvstodes
macrumors newbie

Change Apple ID Associated with MobileMe?

Hello all,

I'm thinking about letting my MobileMe account expire. Currently, my MobileMe email address is also my Apple ID.

I'm a bit reluctant to bail on my current Apple ID and create a new one as I used it to redeem a number of digital copies of Blu-rays I purchased, and I can't see any way to change my Apple ID since it's "tied to a MobileMe account and/or an iChat ID."

I guess I have 2 questions:

1) Is there any problem with letting MobileMe expire, keeping my Apple ID my current MobileMe email address, and just changing my email address associated with the account?

2) Is there any way to contact Apple and have them change my Apple ID since I'm unable to do it myself?

I did a search on this topic and didn't see anything, I apologize if I used the wrong terms.

Thanks for looking.
cvstodes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 09:31 PM   #2
jcbhammond
macrumors member

Yes.

You can change the email associated with your username under the account settings in iTunes.
jcbhammond is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 09:34 PM   #3
cvstodes
macrumors newbie

Hello,

I know I can change the email address, I wasn't sure if having a no longer active @me.com address as my Apple ID would be a problem.

Thanks!
cvstodes is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services