Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsqrd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
I'm really liking my new Belkin Grip Vue for the iPad, however I've run into a bit of an issue with the my earbuds and the space available for the headphone jack.

The plastic prevents my Shure e2c's from connecting properly unless I mash them against the case, and eventually they fall out. I picked up an adapter that makes the connector thinner to solve this.

I'm in the market for some new earbuds and don't want to have the same issue with my new pair. I'm looking at the Klipsch Image S4 and was curious if anyone can confirm if these work (read: fit) with the Belkin Grip Vue on the iPad.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
I just gave this a go! Currently I have some externals speakers at work and the plastic casing surrounding the jack had too be trimmed with an exacto knife to fit through the case.

Keep in mind the plastic molding was rather large and I would say that as along as the headphones used has a slightly larger molding it should be just fine! However, if it's too large trimming would be required.

This was tested with the Belkin transparent Grip Vue iPad case. ;)

PS I just took a peak at these earphones at amazon and the picture looks like the earphone jack should be no problem in this case.

If you get these please let me know what you think of the sound quality!

timothevs

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
FL
I have the exact same problem. I tried to connect the iPhone earbud/mic to the iPad with the Belkin Grip Vue case on, and it just didn't seem to want to stay in. I had to push really hard for the jack to go in. Seems to be the only disadvantage of this case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.