Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:44 AM   #1
Les Kern
macrumors 68030

BEST wireless KB/Mouse

What's the consensus on wireless mice and keyboards? I want a multi-button mouse, so Apple's offering is a no-go. I have this Sony Vaio with wireless and they are both SWEET. I need this for my AlBook. Thanks in advance.
Les Kern is offline   0
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:40 PM   #2
Chaszmyr
macrumors 601

Personally, I think Apple makes some of the best keyboards on the market. As far as mice go, I personally love Microsoft's Intellimouse Explorers (especially the generation before the tilt-wheel was introduced.. which is the style still available for the Bluetooth model). Logitech also makes nice mice, but to me they aren't as comfortable
Chaszmyr is offline   0
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:45 PM   #3
Jo-Kun
macrumors 6502a

get the apple Wireless Keyboard (I had it with my old PB, but now with my G5 I stopped using it and sold it)

DON'T get the MS BT mouse: It's SLOW!!! I did buy that one too and slod it allso and that because I didn't used it anymore since it's to slow for me... in Photoshop ther was no way of working precise with it...

J
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:56 PM   #4
sebisworld
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to sebisworld Send a message via MSN to sebisworld
I have the Apple BT keyboard and the MX 900. I must say that I like both a lot, and the MX 900 will get so much more useful once USB Overdrive supports it.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:58 PM   #5
grapes911
Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

I love logitech. Check out some of these:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...rid=483,ad=hmf
grapes911 is offline   0
Old Sep 27, 2004, 01:03 PM   #6
telecomm
macrumors 65816

Yeah, some people seem to unhappy with the current line of apple keyboards, which are sometimes said to have a "mushy" feel, but I really like my apple wireless keyboard, and have been using it with my PB for about 9 months now.
telecomm is offline   0
Old Sep 27, 2004, 01:06 PM   #7
FuzzyBallz
macrumors 6502a

Logitech BT Duo. It's like the MX Duo, but w/ the MX900 BT mouse.
FuzzyBallz is offline   0
Old Sep 27, 2004, 02:43 PM   #8
FelixDerKater
macrumors 65832

Microsoft Optical Desktop. I have had this for almost two year now without one regret, and the new version seems to have only improved.
FelixDerKater is offline   0
Old Sep 27, 2004, 04:29 PM   #9
cocopelli
macrumors member

I have an Apple BT keyboard and MX 1000. I still say Apple makes the best keyboards out there (course im a fan of simplicity ). Also I love this Logitech mouse I just wish the included Logitech software was a little more flexible so I could program different buttons to do different things in different programs like I could on my old Kensington mouse. If anyone knows how to do this let me know.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 04:30 PM   #10
SumoHamster
macrumors 6502a

Logitech MX1000. I picked one of these up a few days ago and absolutely love it! Combined with the Logitech Control Center, it's nice to be able to use all of the buttons AND have excellent mouse speed.
SumoHamster is offline   0
Old Sep 27, 2004, 05:51 PM   #11
yg17
macrumors G5

how is the mx1000? any major improvement over the 700?
yg17 is online now   0
Old Sep 27, 2004, 06:24 PM   #12
SumoHamster
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17
how is the mx1000? any major improvement over the 700?
I never used a Logitech wireless mouse before this, so I'm not sure. It's a much better experience than the Microsoft wireless I'm using on another Mac though.
SumoHamster is offline   0
Old Sep 28, 2004, 12:13 AM   #13
cocopelli
macrumors member

as far as mx1000 vs mx700 i think some of the small differences are the cruise control buttons are a little different as well as the thumb buttons and it adds a tilt wheel much like microsofts. but the main difference is that it has a laser tracker rather than the old style optical mice. logitech claims it is 20x more sensitive to movement than their old mice which i believe this thing is amazingly responsive and quick. love it
Old Sep 28, 2004, 05:19 AM   #14
Abstract
macrumors Penryn

I'm waiting for The Mouse BT when it comes out in October. If I like it, I'll buy it. If not, I'll wait. BT mice seem so expensive.

But if I had to go for one today, I'd get the Logitech.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 12:21 PM   #15
jdogg707
macrumors regular

I just got my Apple Wireless Keyboard and MX1000. Previously I was using the Logitech MX Duo, and must say I like this combination much better. The mouse a is a pretty big step up from MX700 in terms of battery life, weight, and overall functionality. You can read a review of it at Tom's Hardware if you haven't gotten a chance to do any research on it. The Apple keyboard is my first, and works great! The keys feel awesome, almost as good as those on the Powerbook. I must say I am a huge fan of this combo and would highly recommend it!
jdogg707 is offline   0
Old Sep 28, 2004, 12:24 PM   #16
edesignuk
Moderator emeritus

Just been and bought an MX1000, I'll let you know how it goes a bit later on when I've had a chance to play with it
Old Sep 28, 2004, 12:26 PM   #17
QCassidy352
macrumors G3

I really like both my apple BT keyboard and my MS bluetooth mouse. I'd reccomend them both. Only thing I don't like is that sometimes the mouse loses the connection for like 2 seconds and then comes back... that's annoying, but it's rare and very brief.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews