Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
What's the consensus on wireless mice and keyboards? I want a multi-button mouse, so Apple's offering is a no-go. I have this Sony Vaio with wireless and they are both SWEET. I need this for my AlBook. Thanks in advance.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Personally, I think Apple makes some of the best keyboards on the market. As far as mice go, I personally love Microsoft's Intellimouse Explorers (especially the generation before the tilt-wheel was introduced.. which is the style still available for the Bluetooth model). Logitech also makes nice mice, but to me they aren't as comfortable

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
get the apple Wireless Keyboard (I had it with my old PB, but now with my G5 I stopped using it and sold it)

DON'T get the MS BT mouse: It's SLOW!!! I did buy that one too and slod it allso and that because I didn't used it anymore since it's to slow for me... in Photoshop ther was no way of working precise with it...

J

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2003
I have the Apple BT keyboard and the MX 900. I must say that I like both a lot, and the MX 900 will get so much more useful once USB Overdrive supports it.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Yeah, some people seem to unhappy with the current line of apple keyboards, which are sometimes said to have a "mushy" feel, but I really like my apple wireless keyboard, and have been using it with my PB for about 9 months now.

cocopelli

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2002
Spokane, Wa.
I have an Apple BT keyboard and MX 1000. I still say Apple makes the best keyboards out there (course im a fan of simplicity :D ). Also I love this Logitech mouse I just wish the included Logitech software was a little more flexible so I could program different buttons to do different things in different programs like I could on my old Kensington mouse. If anyone knows how to do this let me know.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
Logitech MX1000. I picked one of these up a few days ago and absolutely love it! Combined with the Logitech Control Center, it's nice to be able to use all of the buttons AND have excellent mouse speed.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
yg17 said:
how is the mx1000? any major improvement over the 700?

I never used a Logitech wireless mouse before this, so I'm not sure. It's a much better experience than the Microsoft wireless I'm using on another Mac though.

cocopelli

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2002
Spokane, Wa.
as far as mx1000 vs mx700 i think some of the small differences are the cruise control buttons are a little different as well as the thumb buttons and it adds a tilt wheel much like microsofts. but the main difference is that it has a laser tracker rather than the old style optical mice. logitech claims it is 20x more sensitive to movement than their old mice which i believe this thing is amazingly responsive and quick. love it :D

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm waiting for The Mouse BT when it comes out in October. If I like it, I'll buy it. If not, I'll wait. BT mice seem so expensive.

But if I had to go for one today, I'd get the Logitech.

jdogg707

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2004
I just got my Apple Wireless Keyboard and MX1000. Previously I was using the Logitech MX Duo, and must say I like this combination much better. The mouse a is a pretty big step up from MX700 in terms of battery life, weight, and overall functionality. You can read a review of it at Tom's Hardware if you haven't gotten a chance to do any research on it. The Apple keyboard is my first, and works great! The keys feel awesome, almost as good as those on the Powerbook. I must say I am a huge fan of this combo and would highly recommend it!

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I really like both my apple BT keyboard and my MS bluetooth mouse. I'd reccomend them both. Only thing I don't like is that sometimes the mouse loses the connection for like 2 seconds and then comes back... that's annoying, but it's rare and very brief.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.