Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kungfu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
hey I was watching the new lord of the rings dvd, the 10 minute preview for the two towers, and I noticed they were using a ti-book when they were working on the scenes with golem... check it out:

Attachments

• tibook-lotr.jpg
    tibook-lotr.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 176

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
That is cool, I swear on TV the percentage of computers is not 5% Apple and 93% Windows, Apple must have atleast 40% of TV Computer coverage if not more.

Luckly in my industry (ReprographicsIT) Macs are 10 a penny, they are everywere, and its great.

Ensign

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
One of the best films ever, at least last year. I haven't watched the preview yet, but that is pretty slick. People (read Editors and Anitmators) seem to love the mobile computing rigs with TiBooks. Maybe it would be in apples interest to develop a pro video only laptop. Two drives, hotswap bays, s-Video out, Dual Firewire,

(hey wait, this sounds just like my Pismo!!!! ;) )

Anyway just strap a widescreen to it, throw on digital audio in/outs, you've got a killer machine (also jumpstart the Video).

Maybe even a docking bay bundle for the desk. Sell it with a Cinema display, a 13 NTSC or PAL monitor, put a better vid card in the dock, 7200 RPM drives in the dock ( dual or quad like the Xseve) that are certified by apple since they would probably interface through firewire ports............

Of man, I gotta stop, I might pass out:D

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
the dvd is out????

i must get it

i saw the movie only once, and i was high on drugs having had my wisdom teeth out a couple days before... i fell asleep in the movie. needless to say, i want to see it again.

Rajj

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2002
32° 44' N 117° 10' W
I took my Daughter to see Spy Kids 2 yesterday, And I noticed that they were using a iBook:D And in Austin Powers Goldmember, they were using a TiBook:D

Sepulchre

macrumors member
May 27, 2002
UK
I was watching V Graham Norton (those in the UK should know it) last night, Garry Newman was his guest and performed a song, one of the guys in the band was running a TiBook ontop of the main synth.

I just had to turn and smile at my Dell owning mate :D (who swithered about purchasing a Dell and TiBook) :rolleyes:

Seems to me only the good guys in films have macs, anyone else notice this?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Oops, I forgot to put the special features DVD in my PowerMac.

After seeing how wonderful LOTR looked on my PowerMac and LCD monitor, I felt as though my t.v. was so pitiful that I just put the DVD away.

When I bought the DVD at Sam's Club, they had the thing playing on a widescreen HD-compatible t.v. and it also looked good although there was no home theater audio.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.