Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:25 PM   #1
flynz4
macrumors 68040

Copying Apps from one user account to another

Tomorrow I'll be receiving my iPad 3G. Tonight, I would like to set up my wife's iPad WiFi on her own user account. I have been using her iPad for the past month. We will both be syncing our iPads to the same iMac using two separate user accounts on the iMac. We each have our own iTunes library, but share a single iTunes account.

I believe my sequence of events will be:

1) Backup the WiFi iPad tonight on my account.
2) Set up the WiFi iPad tonight on my wife's account as a "new device"
3) Load any applications that she wants on her iPad
3) Tomorrow: Sync the 3G iPad to my account, and do a restore from backup

Is this correct?

I have a lot of applications that I have already purchased. I believe that my wife can also use the same apps since we share the iTunes account. Is there an easy way to copy those apps from my iTunes library to her iTunes library? Both are on the same computer, and use the same iTunes account.

I know that I can just re-download the apps to her machine... but it would be easier to just copy them over.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Drag them into your wife's itunes.
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:33 PM   #3
Xelnaga15
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynz4 View Post
Tomorrow I'll be receiving my iPad 3G. Tonight, I would like to set up my wife's iPad WiFi on her own user account. I have been using her iPad for the past month. We will both be syncing our iPads to the same iMac using two separate user accounts on the iMac. We each have our own iTunes library, but share a single iTunes account.

I believe my sequence of events will be:

1) Backup the WiFi iPad tonight on my account.
2) Set up the WiFi iPad tonight on my wife's account as a "new device"
3) Load any applications that she wants on her iPad
3) Tomorrow: Sync the 3G iPad to my account, and do a restore from backup

Is this correct?

I have a lot of applications that I have already purchased. I believe that my wife can also use the same apps since we share the iTunes account. Is there an easy way to copy those apps from my iTunes library to her iTunes library? Both are on the same computer, and use the same iTunes account.

I know that I can just re-download the apps to her machine... but it would be easier to just copy them over.

/Jim

yes that should work. Thats what I would try
Xelnaga15 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:41 PM   #4
kultschar
macrumors 6502a

looks fine to me though I guess you could share your iTunes folder so your not duplicating the files twice on one computer
kultschar is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps