Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Tomorrow I'll be receiving my iPad 3G. Tonight, I would like to set up my wife's iPad WiFi on her own user account. I have been using her iPad for the past month. We will both be syncing our iPads to the same iMac using two separate user accounts on the iMac. We each have our own iTunes library, but share a single iTunes account.

I believe my sequence of events will be:

1) Backup the WiFi iPad tonight on my account.
2) Set up the WiFi iPad tonight on my wife's account as a "new device"
3) Load any applications that she wants on her iPad
3) Tomorrow: Sync the 3G iPad to my account, and do a restore from backup

Is this correct?

I have a lot of applications that I have already purchased. I believe that my wife can also use the same apps since we share the iTunes account. Is there an easy way to copy those apps from my iTunes library to her iTunes library? Both are on the same computer, and use the same iTunes account.

I know that I can just re-download the apps to her machine... but it would be easier to just copy them over.

/Jim

Xelnaga15

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
Tomorrow I'll be receiving my iPad 3G. Tonight, I would like to set up my wife's iPad WiFi on her own user account. I have been using her iPad for the past month. We will both be syncing our iPads to the same iMac using two separate user accounts on the iMac. We each have our own iTunes library, but share a single iTunes account.

I believe my sequence of events will be:

1) Backup the WiFi iPad tonight on my account.
2) Set up the WiFi iPad tonight on my wife's account as a "new device"
3) Load any applications that she wants on her iPad
3) Tomorrow: Sync the 3G iPad to my account, and do a restore from backup

Is this correct?

I have a lot of applications that I have already purchased. I believe that my wife can also use the same apps since we share the iTunes account. Is there an easy way to copy those apps from my iTunes library to her iTunes library? Both are on the same computer, and use the same iTunes account.

I know that I can just re-download the apps to her machine... but it would be easier to just copy them over.

/Jim

yes that should work. Thats what I would try

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
looks fine to me though I guess you could share your iTunes folder so your not duplicating the files twice on one computer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.