Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lightworker

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
Hi everyone!
I bought a new MBP 15" i7 with Hi-Res AG screen and 500GB HDD @ 7200rpm and I recived it before yesterday. I've had no time to test it until today.

I discovered what seems to be a scratch next to the left speaker. I tried to remove it, but obviously I can't, so it is really a scratch.
There is another one, but really tiny in a simetrical position and form just on the connector zone, on the top, like the one near the speaker.

Seems to me to be marks of some kind of pice to fix it on a table, like the ones to fix a wood on some place to cut it, you know?
Something like this:

SARGENTO+CARPINTERO.jpg

but a pretty big one, to fix the laptop on a table...
But I don't understand why this have to be here...

Some manipulation on production line? What the ****?
Why it've to happen to me? I paid a lot of money, so I got rights to do the very first scratch! Isn't it!?

Some one noticed somethin similar?

I post a pic:

b4yt55.png

Is it problematic? Could it turn intro a crack and eventually broke the aluminium case?
Some help please... :(

Thx!!

itommyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Titletown USA
I highly doubt that would turn into a crack or go any further then the blemish it appears to be. That being said things happen and get scratched and dented upon shipping etc. No it is not something wrong with all of the new macbooks.

Your only option is to go to or phone the store you bought it from or the mothersh:apple:p, kindly but firmly explain your position, and see if you can get a new one if it really bothers you that much. I understand how you feel for all the money you paid indeed you should be the first to put some wear and tear on it. That being said I had a blemish like that on my brand new pre ub 2008 MBP and after a couple of weeks I just kind of got over it. She's still there to this day, but along with many others now.

lightworker

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
I know men, sounds freak... but you know. To much paranoid on those new babies... :\
I've called Apple, and she told me that I've 14 days to do any movement.
She's the one that came with the "cracking stuff"... that's why I asked here, cause it seemed to me a little bit "exagerated", but you know... maybe someone have some experiences to tell!

The thing is, Why there is something like this on it? It clrearly shows some manipulation, but on the production line, isn't it? On the process of mounting them?
It's a pitty, but probably I would 've to go over it. :)

N3ox

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2010
But I don't see the scratch on that picture !

No, seriously, keep it, be happy ;)

BigBeast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
I understand!

its aluminum. theres no way there would be enough shear stress to crack it w/ normal use. Use and enjoy my friend!

I understand your pain my friend. Part of me says take it back, the other part says chill- you'll put some scratches on it anyway;)

It's your decision. But I can tell you this- It's just a very small blemish and will never turn into a crack as it is right now. The aluminum unibody is VERY strong. It's fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.