Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teeforb

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
I am trying to sync all of the vids in my iPhoto library but i guess all of the vids are .mov and it seems that the iPad does not support this format. Is there anyway in iPhoto to convert to some other iPad support format? And is there a way in my camera (basic canon dig camera) to record movies in what ever iPad format?

thanks...

I take that back... my vids are .avi format...

The iPad (and iTunes for that matter) does not support avi, however you can convert them to mp4 (a.k.a m4v) which the iPad (and iTunes) support and play. I use to a free program called Handbrake and if you use the Apple Universal preset than you can add them to iTunes and then sync them to the iPad.

Hope this helps,
King Mook Mook

teeforb

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
The iPad (and iTunes for that matter) does not support avi, however you can convert them to mp4 (a.k.a m4v) which the iPad (and iTunes) support and play. I use to a free program called Handbrake and if you use the Apple Universal preset than you can add them to iTunes and then sync them to the iPad.

Hope this helps,
King Mook Mook

all of the .avi are in my iPhoto. Is there an automated way to get all the .AVI from iPhoto and convert to mp4?

Also, on my camera (canon sd630), can i change the format from .avi to some other format that the iPad supports?

I doubt if i can do all of this? I have TONS of short clip .AVI that exist in my iPhoto library....

thxs...

all of the .avi are in my iPhoto. Is there an automated way to get all the .AVI from iPhoto and convert to mp4?

Also, on my camera (canon sd630), can i change the format from .avi to some other format that the iPad supports?

I doubt if i can do all of this? I have TONS of short clip .AVI that exist in my iPhoto library....

thxs...

Well, if you have iSquint/VisualHub, than you can easily do it by going into iPhoto and clicking show files on one of the files you want to copy to see where it is in Finder. Then you just have to select the files you want and put them in iSquint, and then convert them to mp4. Then all you have to do is put them in iTunes and sync them to iPad. They don't sell iSquint anymore but you can find it through other routes, if you know what I mean! :p Oh and I don't think your camera can convert to mp4, but there isn't much info so I don't know!

King Mook Mook

MacVDS

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
Philomath Oregeon

thxs...

I looked at the specs of your camera. Your video only saves files in .AVI format, however it is in Motion JPEG which the iPad will play. The problem is, iTunes will not recognize .AVI files (or .MOV for that matter). The camera connection kit (according to some) will actually import .AVI files if they are in MJPEG format. I'll know for sure once my Camera Kit arrives. If it works, you can just copy all your .AVI clips to an SD card and import them via the Camera Kit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.