Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old May 1, 2010, 06:45 AM   #1
PsyD4Me
macrumors 6502a

Do you use your iPad in the case or out?

Just trying to fugure the consensus out, i've tried to use the case, but its taking away that sexy in hand feel. Game play is not so good, PITA to take out of Apple's case as well.
But then again, i guess its better to keep it protected...
Old May 1, 2010, 07:03 AM   #2
Peter Harrison
macrumors 6502a

I haven't got mine yet, but I thought I might feel the same way so I decided to order a sleeve thing rather than an actual case that allows use. So I got a nice Belkin sleeve. I figured I needed something to keep it in when traveling, but I wanted to use the iPad without any case. So when I finally get mine, it will be protected when not in use.

I admit, I do like the idea of a case that allows the iPad to be propped up in different ways for typing, watching video etc.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:04 AM   #3
ctakim
macrumors 6502

In the case so far. Might be a problem with a driving type game but I've not tried one yet.
ctakim is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 07:06 AM   #4
Csmitte
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyD4Me View Post
Just trying to fugure the consensus out, i've tried to use the case, but its taking away that sexy in hand feel. Game play is not so good, PITA to take out of Apple's case as well.
But then again, i guess its better to keep it protected...
In all reality its whatever you want but I have the apple case and i love it.

Cheers
Old May 1, 2010, 07:10 AM   #5
MacDawg
macrumors P6

I have the Apple case and an InCase sleeve and use both
Depends on the mood and what I am doing
MacDawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 07:17 AM   #6
r0k
macrumors 68040

I popped my iPad into it's Apple case on Saturday morning April 3rd and it hasn't been out of it's case since. I love the combination of the iPad and the Apple case. It is non slip and feels like I'm carrying around a leather bound notebook. I normally use mine in landscape mode. When I'm seated, I use the case to prop up the screen about two inches for typing. Sometimes I want a different angle so I prop it up with something taller.

The iPad is a thin monitor. Basically, it's the next logical step after iMac. But monitors need protection. Closing the flap of the Apple case over the ipad screen provides protection. I wouldn't want to carry one around, especially in a bag or briefcase without the flap closed over the screen
r0k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 07:22 AM   #7
PathVu
macrumors member

I keep my iPad in the Apple case all the time...
PathVu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 07:40 AM   #8
normwood
macrumors 6502a

I put mine in the Apple case right after I synced for the first time yesterday and will leave it there. I like the grippiness and the protection for the screen when it isn't being used. I also like the stand options that are incorporated into the case.

I am trying to keep my relationship with my iPad very simple. It will go with me virtually everywhere. Most likely in the Tom Bihn Ristretto that will be here on Tuesday. I will carry the sync cable, power thingy and a small cleaning cloth....plus the normal stuff I carry in a man bag.

I am making a strong attempt to NOT repeat my relationship with my iPhone 3G. I seriously have a better selection of cases than most Apple Stores.

K.I.S.S. is the name of the game.

Steve
Old May 1, 2010, 07:46 AM   #9
BergerFan
macrumors 68000

I plan to get an Incase Neoprene Sleeve, to keep it snugly in for transport, etc, but I think putting a permanent case on it, takes away it's sleekness. For a phone, I can understand, as it's with you *everywhere* and you're always pulling it out of your pocket.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:47 AM   #10
Mpaige2
macrumors member

I purchased the apple case, but this thing is to damn sexy to be covered up so it's out of the case for now.
Mpaige2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 07:49 AM   #11
JayDH
macrumors regular

I usually hate covering my nicely designed Apple products in cheap-feeling cases. I also like the feel of using my iPad without a case. However, this is one product that really needs some type of case. I have the WaterField Ultimate Sleeve for protection in my work bag or luggage and I am currently looking for a case that I can leave on all the time. Unfortunately, they have always been sold out of Apple cases at all my local stores. I have an Incipio Feather on the way. I think I would really like the ability to prop up the Apple case so I am going to keep trying my local store until I can find one.

There is already a thread on the WaterField + Apple case combo. I will update on the Incipio Feather + Waterfield combo next week.
JayDH is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 07:51 AM   #12
Mad.Rider
macrumors member

I have the Apple case but I prefer using my iPad around the house without it.
Mad.Rider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 07:51 AM   #13
NateEssex
macrumors regular

Talking Case

It's been in the so far, but may take it out today
NateEssex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 07:51 AM   #14
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Depends what you mean by "case." I have a silicone sleeve that covers the back and sides. It stays on 24/7. I can't risk getting it scratched as I need to get top dollar (whatever that might be) for it next year when Gen 2 is released.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:53 AM   #15
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
Both. Sometimes I use her around home without a case, especially if I am going to be syncing or using the keyboard dock. At other times around home I pop her into either the Belkin clear vie or (more often) the Apple case, especially if I am going to be outside on the deck. I really like the Apple case for its extra grippiness, especially when I am sitting with legs up and typing on the iPad. She never leaves the house without some kind of protection, too: sleeve, case, etc.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:57 AM   #16
FlashHead
macrumors regular

Use it out of the case always.
Travel with it in the Eco-vie from Marware. Also use it it for a stand for typing and some movie watching.
Just too nice to hide it.
FlashHead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 08:19 AM   #17
Hammie
macrumors 65816

At first, I was not sure that I would like the Apple case but I wanted to put in something. However, I'm not sure that I could go without it. Besides, I have not "THE" case yet. I like the looks of the M Edge cases, but I don't think it has the capability to let you angle the iPad when using it. I really like that feature.
Hammie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 08:46 AM   #18
mickeymcc
macrumors newbie

I bought the iPad Apple case, but don't use it a lot. I have a PowerSupport Crystal Film on the front and keep it in this Fossil case when traveling. Love it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fossil_cover.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	224498  
mickeymcc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 09:04 AM   #19
abecker
macrumors member

Didn't even buy a case. I specifically bought the 16gb instead of higher so it wasn't as big of an investment and I wouldn't worry about damaging it.

It's a much more liberating feel.
abecker is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories