Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnyH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Hey guys

This is probably impossible, but I was wondering if there's anyway (if any surely using Automator?) to automatically make the mouse "click" on a button?

Im using a trial version of an app to copy LOTS of files to my mac, but every like 50 files of something a message pops up telling you to buy it. You can just click OK and it continues....but clicking OK every minute for 3 hours just isn't gonna cut it :p

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Just buy the software if you want to use it. Or if you are that morally bankrupt go and learn AppleScript and then read about the GUI scripting capabilities. At least then you might respect the amount of work that has gone into the software you seem to believe should be free.

jonnyH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
For what it's supposed to be used with, I definitely don't think the software should be free, but i'm not about to dish out a hefty amount of cash for something that I'm going to use for 3 hours of my life. They kind enough to offer a working free version, so good stuff.

Regardless of this, i'm still interested to know if it can be done??

Caleb531

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
Click the Record button on the toolbar to activate Watch Me Do. From there, you can automate any actions with the mouse. When you're finished, click Stop in the recording window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.