Merritt Grieves 0 0%
Rachel Conroy 0 0%
Roger Hobbs 0 0%
Tommy Conroy 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 1, 2010, 10:39 PM   #1
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

ABC's "Happy Town" - Who dunnit? (Spoilers!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	95041-g2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	224594

ABC has recently started airing a new show called "Happy Town". Is anybody else watching? I thought it might be fun to discuss the show and to also weekly vote on which character (or characters!) are the bad guy. Before I start up a new poll, I'll gather the data from the previous poll so we can keep a history. Then at the end we can try to figure out who guessed it consistently the most as I'm sure some of us will be changing week to week.

The show can be watched when it airs, on ABC's web site, or even on your iPad if you have access to the ABC app!

For the first week I'll only include characters that ABC has a bio up for but starting next episode feel free to suggest characters to be added to the poll. We will probably also keep deceased characters in the poll because well, you never know! You can only vote once every week and I'll update this post with the new episode name once the new poll has been started. I'll try my best to close polls a few hours before the new episode airs so get votes in ahead of time to be safe.

WARNING - The names of future episodes are listed below in white so if you're a highlighting reader and don't want to know the names, don't highlight!

Episode List
  1. 2010-04-28 - In This Home on Ice
  2. 2010-05-05 - I Come to Haplin for the Winters
  3. 2010-05-12 - Polly Wants a Crack at Her
  4. 2010-05-19 - Slight of Hand
  5. 2010-05-26 - This Is Why We Stay
  6. 2010-06-02 - Questions and Antlers
  7. 2010-06-09 - Dallas Alice Doesn't Live here Anymore
  8. 2010-06-16 - Blame It on Rio Bravo

Characters

Polls

Episode 1
Click image for larger version

Name:	Episode 1.png
Views:	49
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	225215

Last edited by SilentPanda; May 6, 2010 at 10:16 AM.
SilentPanda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 10:57 PM   #2
Mexbearpig
macrumors 65816

Caught this the other day. Thought it was a little cheesy but still liked it. I'll try to follow it for a while. But as for who did it, I think Merritt Grieves. He just strikes me as that kind of guy. But then again, I could be wrong. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Mexbearpig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 11:47 PM   #3
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

I wouldn't even hazard a guess right now. It's pretty weird (the magic man??). The sheriff talking to himself? WTF? And I guess he cut his hand off? I guess it will all come clear as the show goes on.
Old May 2, 2010, 09:44 PM   #4
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

I just read that there will only be 8 episodes. I agree the show is kinda cheesy but it's something different and kinda fun. I enjoyed Harper's Island last year and it seems like this is more of the same, although I felt Harper's Island had a few too many episodes so I'm glad to see this run shorter. Fun little murder mysteries!

I haven't a serious guess yet as to who did it so I just voted for Root Beer.
Old May 4, 2010, 05:01 PM   #5
Thomas Veil
macrumors 68020

I found the show only moderately interesting. That may be unfair based on only one episode, but shows which have really grabbed me (Twin Peaks, Nowhere Man) have done it in only one. Who knows, it might get better.

Best thing on the show is Sam Neill. Ever since I first saw him in one of the "Omen" movies, I thought he made a terrific suave villain.

And if they ever make a Justice League International movie, he's definitely got the role of Max Lord.

Thomas Veil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 11:01 PM   #6
pvmacguy
macrumors 65816

Something is definitely fishy about the girl moving into town. As to who done it? I haven't the slightest clue, don't believe that is meritt he seems too old my money is on someone younger.
pvmacguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 10:24 AM   #7
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

I have to agree, the show is pretty cheese. But whatever... only 6 more episodes to go. I wonder if Henley is the daughter of somebody... maybe the Sheriff and John Haplin's wife?

It seemed kinda odd to me that Big Dave kept saying he knew where the Magic Man's kidnapped people were and Tommy didn't ask him to dish out the info...

New poll posted.

Edit: It doesn't look like people are all that interested in the show so.... I'll let this die...

Last edited by SilentPanda; May 11, 2010 at 04:51 PM.
SilentPanda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 05:34 PM   #8
andiwm2003
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPanda View Post
I have to agree, the show is pretty cheese. But whatever... only 6 more episodes to go. I wonder if Henley is the daughter of somebody... maybe the Sheriff and John Haplin's wife?

It seemed kinda odd to me that Big Dave kept saying he knew where the Magic Man's kidnapped people were and Tommy didn't ask him to dish out the info...

New poll posted.

Edit: It doesn't look like people are all that interested in the show so.... I'll let this die...
Try to restart it.

I actually like it. It won't make more than a season. It's a bit of a mix of eureka and some crime story I can't remember the title now.

Only thing is that I don't want to get invested in abc shows anymore because they cancel them too often....
andiwm2003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion