Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 2, 2010, 12:35 PM   #1
danhercules
macrumors member

Storage help with AppleTV

Ok, I have a Mac book and an Apple TV. I have about 1500 songs, lots and lots of pictures (about 3000) and a crap load of home movies.

I have all my pics and music on my laptop. I have a few home movies on there as well. I have a external hard drive (drive #1) that has lots and lots of old home movies.

I have a second external hard drive (drive #2) for my time machine and back up.

I need to import my movies from drive #1 into I movie and edit then share with apple TV.

Here is the problem, I dont have enough room on my lap top.

I want to keep music on my laptop and stream it to AppleTV and sync pics and movies so they are on the appleTV.

Can I get my movies and pics off my laptop i tunes library and on to my drive #2? itunes library? Can somthing like that be done?

I dont need the pics or movies on my laptop, but I need to get one movie at a time so I can edit it in iMovie, then share with iTunes to get it on my Apple tv.

Hope you all understand.

Last edited by danhercules; May 2, 2010 at 02:00 PM.
danhercules is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater