Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hellishness

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Bay Area, CA
If someone could please point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. My iPhone backup takes around an hour! I'm only using like 6 gigs on it, and I don't know why it would take so long...I have heard tips on how to speed it up, but some said they didn't work on Macs (one in sig) or that they didn't work at all. I think i have all the apps on my iPhone on my MBP, so I don't see how that would be a problem (I got the computer recently and transferred all purchases). I heard the 'Disable Sending Reports to Apple' thing didn't work on Macs....so anyway can anyone share their tips on how to make it faster? I have lost backups before, so I really like to keep everything backed up since things can go wrong fairly easily with hacked iPhones. It's a 3G.

PS, please don't tell me that there are enough threads on this. If you do, please show me one that works with iTunes 9 on Macs.

ARF900

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2009
IT takes that long everytime you sync, thats not normal. It would be normal the first time you sync because it has to back everything up the first time.

Thats weird.

Hellishness

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Does anyone think it might be because i have it jailbroken and have a little over 1 gig of 'other' on it. it doesn't back this up, though...does it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.