Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old May 3, 2010, 10:25 AM   #1
alldat
macrumors regular

Exclamation Help please: how to make custom ringtones louder?? (for free)

Is this possible? I have tried boosting the volume in Garage Band and then exporting the ringtone to iTunes, but when it's on my iPhone, the volume of the ringer is very low. Is there any way for me to boost the volume so it is louder on my iPhone?

Thanks
alldat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 10:32 AM   #2
Theappmachine
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldat View Post
Is this possible? I have tried boosting the volume in Garage Band and then exporting the ringtone to iTunes, but when it's on my iPhone, the volume of the ringer is very low. Is there any way for me to boost the volume so it is louder on my iPhone?

Thanks
where did u take the original file from?
Theappmachine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 10:34 AM   #3
alldat
macrumors regular

What I did was get the instrumental track of the song I wanted off of YouTube, then downloaded it in MP3 format, then put it in to Garage Band. I tried doing everything I could think of but just can't get the ringer to be louder. There must be somee way to up the volume.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:35 PM   #4
alldat
macrumors regular

Anyone
Old May 3, 2010, 12:45 PM   #5
Revelation78
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Revelation78
Go into iTunes and "get info" on that track; you then go to the last tab, I believe, and adjust volume for that song.

See if that helps.
Revelation78 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 01:00 PM   #6
EchoTheDolphin
macrumors newbie

Are you sure you're not just limited by the much lower power of the iPhone speakers themselves? I know the custom one I tried to make when I first got it was far too low regardless and I ditched it for the standard one: missing work phone calls for me is too dumb to exchange for a custom ring hehheh!
EchoTheDolphin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 04:00 PM   #7
alldat
macrumors regular

I tried the Get Info thing and it didn't work.

Also, I don't think it's a limitation because some of my other custom tones are very loud and some are very low without me tweaking anything. I just feel like there must be some way for me to increase the volume of the track.
Old May 3, 2010, 04:16 PM   #8
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:

Also, I don't think it's a limitation because some of my other custom tones are very loud and some are very low without me tweaking anything. I just feel like there must be some way for me to increase the volume of the track.
I believe you have to use the "Get Info" method when you're making the ringtone. You do realize you can make ringtones from your own music for free, right? I had some ringtones I made and they were too low in volume, so I maxed out the song, made the ringtone, and the volume was louder.
Old May 3, 2010, 04:25 PM   #9
AbSoluTc
macrumors 68020

Quote:

Get info thing does not work. I tried numerous times and no matter how high I set the damn thing it didn't adjust the volume at all. So.. I googled and came up with this..

Use AUDACITY. Load up the mp3 or whatever and you can save it as an M4A and just change the extension to M4R and you are set! There is a slider inside the program - right there - you don't have to dig for it - that increases the DBA.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone