Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJunkers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
I have an 8-core Xeon 5500 Series (3rd Gen. Early 2009) Mac Pro. I want to load it! I do a lot of 3d work as well as motion graphics... My computer is rendering image after image at almost all times of the day!

In your opinion whats my best option for 4gb sticks of ram? I don't want something thats cheap because its crappy. I want the same, if not better, memory that apple uses themselves.

Direct links would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Those prices are much better than the site I had!!! Thank you! Now quick question. how come they say you can install 64 gb of mem. when apple and crucial and so on say only 32?

I suspect OWC has tested it... but you should contact them directly and find out first hand before you buy if you are considering it.

TJunkers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
I suspect OWC has tested it... but you should contact them directly and find out first hand before you buy if you are considering it.

Of course I;m considering it... wanna loan me about another $2k? haha i was just curious. I plan on getting the 32gb. I feel that is quite the upgrade form my current 6gb haha.

kxfrog

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2009
UK
i just upgraded my RAM using OWC (macsales.com) to 12 GB and I'm in the UK, shipping was quick and the RAM works well for my needs. A nice upgrade from my 3 GB!!!

Definitely use Macsales they are amazing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.