Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pgseye

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Hi,

iPads about a week old and seemed to be fine to start with. The past couple of days I've noticed that the battery seems to drain (excessively) compared to other user experiences. Last night it drained 25% in sleep mode. I even turned WiFi off (no bluetooth etc) before going to bed to test it.

Can someone let me know whether this is abnormal.

Thanks

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
Hi,

iPads about a week old and seemed to be fine to start with. The past couple of days I've noticed that the battery seems to drain (excessively) compared to other user experiences. Last night it drained 25% in sleep mode. I even turned WiFi off (no bluetooth etc) before going to bed to test it.

Can someone let me know whether this is abnormal.

Thanks

definitely there is something wrong. mine has push activated but still im seeing 100% overnight

mrdinh

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
mine remains the same although my iphone...that drains a bit more.

maybe try to recycle the battery?

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Mine loses essentially no charge in sleep mode. Steve himself said it should last 2 weeks in sleep. You have something defective.

You didn't by chance use the Spirit jailbreak, did you?

pgseye

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
I think I've found the problem. I'd been charging via USB. Last night I charged via AC and this morning it has still retained full charge. I think there must have been some effect from using USB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.