Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 5, 2010, 08:53 AM   #1
darkpixie08
macrumors member

AppleTV Help Finding Different Remote

I'd like to install a flat panel tv in our bedroom, where we currently use our AppleTV and a satellite receiver box. Once we install the tv, I'd like to have both the ATV and receiver box moved to one of the closets out of the way. Is there a remote that I can get that will operate both of these without needing line of sight? Any recommendations? Thanks.
darkpixie08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 08:57 AM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Check out logitech and then the RF extender.
Old May 5, 2010, 11:01 AM   #3
HobeSoundDarryl
macrumors 68040

While I appreciate the other remotes referenced, I think the very best consumer remotes for this "problem" come from Universal Remote Control. In particular, I would look at the RF series toward the bottom of the page at: http://www.universalremote.com/consumer/products.php (probably the bundle). My personal favorite though is the MX-850 at: http://www.universalremote.com/produ...l.php?model=38. I have that one and it controls all my AV stuff, including the TV.

These are learn remotes, meaning they can learn the commands from individual component remotes. They are also macro remotes, meaning they can execute a sequence of commands with a single button click (great for turning everything on or off, and setting everything up). Lastly, they are also programmable (with software), which makes it very easy to set them up exactly as you like them.

I chose this one as a "one remote to rule them all" and am very happy with it. Since then, there have been remote apps for iDevices, but I still like physical buttons.
HobeSoundDarryl is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater