Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Games

Old Sep 30, 2004, 11:08 AM   #1
msharp
macrumors regular

how to get my force feedback gamepad supported in Mac OS X???

now my usb game pad can be used in a few games, which all support force feedback. but neither of them in which the force feedback is available.
why's that?

thanks.

well, also, i've tried the USB Overdrive. that doesn't make any good on my machine. i mean, my gamepad still won't work as it was.
msharp is offline   0
Old Sep 30, 2004, 09:23 PM   #2
bousozoku
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharp
now my usb game pad can be used in a few games, which all support force feedback. but neither of them in which the force feedback is available.
why's that?

thanks.

well, also, i've tried the USB Overdrive. that doesn't make any good on my machine. i mean, my gamepad still won't work as it was.
Force feedback is supported in Mac OS X, since 10.2.3, I believe, using Immersion technology. The game developers are those who choose what controllers work and to what degree.
bousozoku is offline   0
Old Oct 1, 2004, 04:26 AM   #3
msharp
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bousozoku
Force feedback is supported in Mac OS X, since 10.2.3, I believe, using Immersion technology. The game developers are those who choose what controllers work and to what degree.
well, thank you brother, and i know that Mac OS X SHOULD and MUST support force feedback gamepads. but now i gotta solve this problem that the system didn't recognized my gamepad as a force-feedback-supporte one.

can anyone help me?
msharp is offline   0
Old Oct 1, 2004, 05:35 PM   #4
applekid
macrumors 68020

The game itself may not support force feedback. If you can, try downloading the Tony Hawk 4 demo and see if it works. I remember THPS3 was the first Mac game with force feedback, and I'm going on an assumption that THPS4 includes it too.
applekid is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Games