Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markdouglas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2004
Dear Gang,

I would like a very simplistic system to hang a dual G5 Powermac under a desk. I'm not referring to a basket, but a couple of steel clasps or hangers through which the top handles of the Powermac slide and let the machine hang under the desk. Though I've never seen a product like this, there's gotta be something like it. I'm a minimalist and would like to put a product like this under an antique desk if it exists.

Any ideas as to whether something like this exists?

Mark

markdouglas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2004
thank you

I sure appreciate the link. I, too, Googled for this and for some reason didn't get any hits. This looks perfect for me.

Anyone else with any other solutions?

Mark

DickArmAndHarT

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2004
Why

Im wondering why you are looking for a desk mount for your G5. I dont really understand the reason. Maby im just missing something. Who know. Please dont take this as an insult im just wondering.

Devie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
DickArmAndHarT said:
Im wondering why you are looking for a desk mount for your G5. I dont really understand the reason. Maby im just missing something. Who know. Please dont take this as an insult im just wondering.
Maybe he doesn't want the clutter of it on his desk, and doesn't want it on the floor because of dust.

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
dontmatter said:
don't drill holes in an antique desk! what's wrong with the old computer on the floor style? Neither one gives that much more space, or rather, that much more usable a space.
who said antique??? what if it is a modern particle board that he doesn't care if it has holes?

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
jackieonasses said:
what if it is a modern particle board that he doesn't care if it has holes?
I wouldn't trust a G5 to particle board. Heck, I wouldn't trust my Beige G3 to particle board. Because particle board sucks! (and God help you if it catches on fire!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.