Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old May 6, 2010, 04:56 PM   #1
Subw00er
macrumors newbie

Networking OSX and XP - sort of complicated

I have a strange setup. My xp machine is part of a domain which my OSX machines are not allowed on. I installed a second Ethernet card to make a small private network (no external connection) just for my pc and mac. I use a switch to connect them together and have defined static IP's in the same range for each. I should note that my mac machine does connect to the internet via the airport.

I am not able to share a folder between the two computers. Ideally I would share a folder on my Mac with my pc, but if it has to be the other way around, thats fine.

Can someone give me a step by step on what to do?! I've tried everything and googled till my eyes have bled.
Subw00er is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking