Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old May 7, 2010, 02:33 AM   #1
hawkkitty
macrumors newbie

keeping old events in iphone calendar

is there any way to prevent the iphone calendar from automatically deleting old events? it automatically deletes anything over two months old. i'm syncing with ical via itunes. i know there is an option to delete events over X days old in ical, but i don't see a similar option for the iphone itself. thanks!
hawkkitty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2010, 10:36 AM   #2
CSMchris376
macrumors regular

I know that you can set your Outlook as well, however I believe how much that is synced to the iPhone is controlled in iTunes. When the iPhone is plugged in and you go to the Info tab, where the calendar sync information is there is a checkbox "Do not sync events older than ## days. I would think that would adjust it. However, if the events are being deleted in iCal, it would follow over to the phone.
CSMchris376 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2010, 11:11 AM   #3
hawkkitty
macrumors newbie

thanks. ical is keeping all events, only the ones on the iphone itself are getting deleted. the ical pref is to "delete events older than X days". i turned it on and set it to 3000 days just to see if it had an effect...none.

and how's this for dumb: as a test i typed in a new event on a date longer than two months ago on the iphone. when i synced, it copied the event to ical then deleted off the iphone.
hawkkitty is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting