Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaskedCarrot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Northern VA
Getting ready to get an ipad, and curious about something.

Would there be any conflicts in syncing it to the same iTunes library? I was wondering because I really only want to have apps written just for the iPad on my iPad, and not iPhone versions. So I thought there might be a conflict being as iTunes will probably want to sync it all.

What I was thinking about doing is making a separate login in OSX just for my iPad, and just sync it separately. That sounded like the best way of avoiding conflicts.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Getting ready to get an ipad, and curious about something.

Would there be any conflicts in syncing it to the same iTunes library? I was wondering because I really only want to have apps written just for the iPad on my iPad, and not iPhone versions. So I thought there might be a conflict being as iTunes will probably want to sync it all.

What I was thinking about doing is making a separate login in OSX just for my iPad, and just sync it separately. That sounded like the best way of avoiding conflicts.

None at all, I do it daily. You can choose which apps, movies, songs you want on each device, all, some, none, etc.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
It's true that every time you download a new iPhone app, iTunes will install it onto the iPad as well as on your iPhone. But I just keep deleting them off the iPad every time that happens. It takes only a few seconds, no big deal.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
It's true that every time you download a new iPhone app, iTunes will install it onto the iPad as well as on your iPhone. But I just keep deleting them off the iPad every time that happens. It takes only a few seconds, no big deal.
This is not true. :)

You can go to the Apps tab and select the apps you want to sync. :)

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas

Not true at all. Uncheck the ones you don't want to sync.

You really do WANT to use the same iTunes so you can share purchases between the devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.