Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Neither the 2008 nor the 2009 models allowed the ExpressCard slot being used with Windows 7/Vista.

Three weeks ago I asked Apple about this simple question and got escalated three times just to get no answer (1. Called shop line -> got connected to tech support -> tech support ask her boss -> boss send the question on to Apple engineers and promised to send the answer per email).

Meanwhile I read on the RME Audio forum that the RME Madiface can be used with Windows 7 on the 2010 Macbook Pro 17". Can some people please acknowledge that?

Timur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
The 2008/2009 Macbook Pros don't allow to use the ExpressCard slot because of EFI/Bootcamp errors (Windows Vista/7 cannot allocate an IRQ to the slot). You don't need any drivers for using an ExpressCard slot on Windows, you only need the drivers for the corresponding card you are using.

Bootcamped XP allowed to use the slot, but you could not use hot-plugging.

What I need is feedback from people who are actually using the combination of EC slot and Windows 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.