Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
My impression is that the Dev Team is always looking for a bootloader exploit so that they can permanently pwn the 3G/3GS, but that CPICH and others have been through the thing pretty thoroughly without success. The bootloader is a very small bit of code, with correspondingly few opportunities for exploitation.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
My impression is that the Dev Team is always looking for a bootloader exploit so that they can permanently pwn the 3G/3GS, but that CPICH and others have been through the thing pretty thoroughly without success. The bootloader is a very small bit of code, with correspondingly few opportunities for exploitation.

That sucks, since I believe it was the firmware change to 5.11.07 that started causing the wifi problems for iPhones.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
We can downgrade 5.08, but has anyone heard if they're working on a way to downgrade Bootloader 5.09?

The error in bootloader 5.08 which allows Fuzzyband to work was corrected in 5.09 and newer versions. To date, no exploit has been found, I wouldn't expect to ever see a method to downgrade bootloaders or basebands except in that one specific case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.