Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbc636

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Ok, so I can't see my AppleTV in itunes. A pretty common problem I guess. I've been through all the troubleshooting issues I can find on-line at sites like this, and with apple support with no luck. So here's my home setup. I have AT&T dsl, with a 2wire dsl modem. The apple tv is plugged into the 2wire modem. The 2wire modem is also connected to an airport extreme, which is connected to my PC. My PC is windows 7, 64 bit, with esetNOD32. I've opened port 5353 on NOD32, as I've learned this is what itunes uses to communicate with other computers. My toshiba laptop (using Microsoft security essentials), and my wife's macbook (both of which connect via wifi to the airport extreme) can both connect to appletv. If I connect the PC directly to the 2wire modem, it still can't see the appletv. I'm thinking the problem has something to do with nod32, but I have no idea how to fix this one. Any ideas?

dbc636

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Oh and I forgot to add, My PC can see the Itunes library on my laptops and vice versa

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.