Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hohohong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
I know it’s pre-order for iPad for countries other than US. But US Apple store is also down?

A possibility of Air update?

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007
sorry, no update, look for one around WWDC though, well maybe

WWDC is going to be about iPhone, and (almost) only the iPhone/pod/pad/whatever. Actually right now is the perfect time for Apple to ship a new air, they just announced the ipad for non-us markets but arent shipping them yet, so there is minimal ipad buzz right now.

PsyD4Me

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
under your bed
WWDC is going to be about iPhone, and (almost) only the iPhone/pod/pad/whatever. Actually right now is the perfect time for Apple to ship a new air, they just announced the ipad for non-us markets but arent shipping them yet, so there is minimal ipad buzz right now.

You're assuming that the next air will have a huge update taking sunshine away from the iPhone, BUT a release around wwdc will simply mean that it will get a small bump in processing speed and 4gb

DiamondGCoupe

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2007
It's going to have to be a pretty amazing update to keep me from going to a MBP, Air just can't keep up with what I do on it these days..

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Its 5am in Cupertino :D

I guess the stores will go down around the start/mid of business hours?

They would have gone down over an hour ago if the update were to happen today. Maybe next Tuesday. That was the date reported a few weeks ago anyways. We still have plenty of chances. The good news is we have not only a potential product number but also rumors from several sources pointing to an MBA update soon.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
There will always be a next tuesday.

Incidentally I keep getting really excited for about half a second every time I read this thread title!

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Disappointing in a way for sure ... I think it's time I settle in with my 13" MBP and appreciate it, it's a great machine could be worse.

You know, it's only three weeks until WWDC. If it doesn't happen by then, I would be really disappointed. However, there have been many rumors about an MBA coming soon. I really believe it will be by WWDC at the latest. Otherwise, many sources that have been correct about many other rumors are wrong about the MBA. It just makes sense for an MBA with an Nvidia 320m by WWDC.

roxygal9

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2010
FL
Ahh it would be awesome if Apple updates the MBA in the next few weeks! As long as they dont up the price to much for the SSD model, has 4 gb ram I will get it, as that should be more than enough to run parallels with win7!

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Does it HAVE to be a Tuesday?

It would be strange if it were any other day especially if it didn't correlate with a live event of some sort. If there's a federal holiday on a Monday, then it could be on a Wednesday. In this case, the odds would be extremely low that it would happen between now and next Tuesday am. I would think it's more likely that Apple would introduce a $99 MBA next Tuesday than a new MBA tomorrow - meaning it really isn't going to happen tomorrow! God I hope this is one of those times when I truly get caught with my foot in my mouth being completely wrong!

duvinclunk

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
lol! lol! lol!

Did i mention that made me lol! :D
Ok thanks. I have been using Mac's for years but have not yet gotten fanatical to the point where I know what day of the week the products are released. In fact it has only been in the last year that I have actually watched the live updates of keynotes and such. And it is only been this month where I have started reading rumors and visiting forums to talk about computers. Give me a break.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.