Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patp

Apr 10, 2008
it looks like it has plenty of room. it's not as tight looking as the Incase Travel Kit bag - just judging from the pictures - never seen one in person.

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
I have one coming on Thursday (J&R). Need it to hold my ipad with the macally bookstand on. I'll report on the fit.

EDIT: Arrived today. Fits the ipad with macally cover easily. Should work with the Apple cover.

img0260kg.jpg

img0259x.jpg

more pics:
http://yfrog.com/75img0254bjx

kmorton

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2010
I don't have the Micro, I have the Scout, and it'll fit a iPad in almost any case with no problem. The iPad compartment is incredibly well padded too, but the bag as a whole seems as small as it could be (which is lovely).

Too bad then don't make it in black, but I've come to love the olive color. The fabric is lovely too, it doesn't feel like cheap stuff.

itzcoolz

macrumors regular
May 6, 2010
Kmorton, does your STM scout bag smell? I ask because I've received two now from amazon, and they both have a very bad fishy odor. Also, the only two reviews on amazon mention the bad odor. I,m curious if amazon received a bad shipment or if it's just as a result of one of the fabrics that they use

Jmacman78

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Northwest, CT
I do have the Apple case, as well as the new Speck Candyshell. I am hoping it will fit with either of those cases on. I will let you know.

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Kmorton, does your STM scout bag smell? I ask because I've received two now from amazon, and they both have a very bad fishy odor. Also, the only two reviews on amazon mention the bad odor. I,m curious if amazon received a bad shipment or if it's just as a result of one of the fabrics that they use

Are you sure you didn't order it FROM the Amazon instead of Amazon.com? :D

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Iv'e been sent the "Jacket iPad" by STM and from first impressions it looks outstanding. Look out for the review :)

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
Thanks for the info. Oh well.

Actually, I just stuffed the CandyShell in there, so it might. I was thinking of a different case when I wrote that. I need to hit the sack, but I'll dig out the Apple case and try later.

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
I have one coming on Thursday (J&R). Need it to hold my ipad with the macally bookstand on. I'll report on the fit.

EDIT: Arrived today. Fits the ipad with macally cover easily. Should work with the Apple cover.

img0260kg.jpg

img0259x.jpg

more pics:
http://yfrog.com/75img0254bjx

Very cool! Looks awesome! Mine should be arriving tomorrow. Thanks for the update.

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
Sure thing. I am pretty impressed with the STM bag. It's dimensions are perfect for an ipad with a case. Large enough to allow easy removal, but not so big that the ipad will move around inside the bag when you are walking. I like the soft inner padding and the outside pocket is great for the adapter, camera connector, and a small cleaning cloth. Price was pretty good too. I ordered a Waterfield bag but ended up returing it. I love the waterfield look but their designs lack a bit in practicality.

ImaVeggie

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
So the Apple Case will fit, huh? That's great to hear because I really like the jacket iPad for the times when I want to take my iPad and just a few things so I don't have to use my CaseLogic E-Sling iPad Case - Medium.

Thanks for the photos.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Just ordered the jacket, ( I guess this thread about the shoulder bag turned into the jacket thread, both look great).
I just ordered one fom ebay via ebag seller for total $24.60.
cheaper on ebay than their website, even tho bing discount showed $16?, but get to the ebag site and it is $25 marked down to $20, add ship/tax it's $29.17.
maybe I figured the bing thing wrong, it's not always clear to me what the final cost is with bing until after you actually buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.