Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Oct 2, 2004, 07:43 PM   #1
bdomz

ADVUEU WB1701T 17" LCD Monitor- Great buy

I just picked up a 17" LCD made by a company called Advueu. Yeah I know what your thinking, it's a no named company so it must be terrible. I thought so too until I read 150 positive reviews from newegg.com:

"17 LCD

The picture quality on this thing is fantastic at 1280 x 1024, plus It is very bright and has a 16ms response time. Unfortunately mine does have 1 pixel stuck on red but It isnt very noticeable. Almost all of the reviewers at newegg had zero dead pixels so I guess I'm just not very lucky.

The best thing is I picked mine up at Tigerdirect for $199 after rebates (assuming I get the rebates, but they did honor my Canon printer rebate last year )

Tigerdirect link

If you live anywhere near a tigerdirect outlet It's definitely worth the drive. I've heard mixed reviews about ordering online from them (they can't touch newegg in that department) but you still can't beat the price. I have mine hooked up to my laptop and the increase in screen size and brightness is fantastic. I'll definitely consider a 12" Powerbook now that I have a decent LCD to hook it up to at home.

Last edited by bdomz; Oct 2, 2004 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spelling
bdomz is offline   0
Old Oct 2, 2004, 09:07 PM   #2
Macs R Us
macrumors regular

Send a message via ICQ to Macs R Us Send a message via AIM to Macs R Us Send a message via MSN to Macs R Us Send a message via Yahoo to Macs R Us
The case is ugly but the monitor is fairly nice, I like my AZUL Apple 15.1" just fine... But thats just me.
Macs R Us is offline   0
Old Oct 2, 2004, 11:59 PM   #3
slooksterPSV
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to slooksterPSV Send a message via MSN to slooksterPSV Send a message via Yahoo to slooksterPSV
I don't like how the monitor looks facing towards you, thats just ugly. honestly I've seen better.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 01:46 AM   #4
bdomz

yeah it definitely doesn't score any points for looks but honestly it doesn't look that bad in person. I think it wouldn't look too bad paired with an aluminum powerbook as they're close to the same color. If I had a G5 desktop I'd probably spring for a more aesthetically pleasing screen. I'm just psyched that I found a decent 17" LCD for $200. I thought I'd have to wait at least another year for prices to come down that low.
bdomz is offline   0
Old Oct 3, 2004, 11:35 AM   #5
slooksterPSV
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to slooksterPSV Send a message via MSN to slooksterPSV Send a message via Yahoo to slooksterPSV
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdomz
yeah it definitely doesn't score any points for looks but honestly it doesn't look that bad in person. I think it wouldn't look too bad paired with an aluminum powerbook as they're close to the same color. If I had a G5 desktop I'd probably spring for a more aesthetically pleasing screen. I'm just psyched that I found a decent 17" LCD for $200. I thought I'd have to wait at least another year for prices to come down that low.
I see what you're saying.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews