Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old May 11, 2010, 11:20 AM   #1
3N16MA
macrumors 6502a

Yoobao leather iPad case (OP updated with all revisions)

Decided to organize the OP with all the different versions of the Yoobao case available. Hope this clears up the confusion between the cases.

V1 (Original Yoobao Case)

This is the original Yoobao case known as V1. This case has no flap to hold the iPad in place. Many users reported that the iPad would slide out of the case very easily. This case should be avoided and make sure that ebay sellers are not selling you V1.

V2 Type A

This case is very similar to the original case however it has the big added feature of a flap that tucks under the iPad to hold it in place. This is similar to the Apple iPad case. This case is recommended.

V2 Type B (Also known as V3)

This case is also sometimes called a revision 3 case but Yoobao listed it as "type B". It is similar to the original case and V2 type A however according to Yoobao it has two elastic cloth straps holding the iPad in place. Most users seem to prefer the security of the V2 type A case over this one.

V3 (Also know as V4/Magic Black)

This is one of the newest cases from Yoobao. It is often called V4 by ebay sellers since some consider the type B case V3, however it really is V3. This case is different from the cases above and features more of a slimmer profile and less bulk. This case holds the iPad in place with small leather clips instead of a flap or elastic straps.

Yoobao Denim Case

This case is a lot like the V2 case but has a unique denim look to it.

Last edited by 3N16MA; Aug 1, 2010 at 06:06 PM.
3N16MA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 11:21 AM   #2
LordOBoogie
Banned

That is pretty cool, but I hate the color. Peachy pink? Yuck.

I assume it comes in different colors?
LordOBoogie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 11:22 AM   #3
3N16MA
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOBoogie View Post

It also comes in black.
3N16MA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 11:37 AM   #4
3goldens
macrumors 68000

where dod you order it?
3goldens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 11:44 AM   #5
LordOBoogie
Banned

They are all over eBay.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:50 AM   #6
RoarinRow
macrumors regular

I ordered one in black last night from ebay.
AppleTV 1 and 2nd Gen
RoarinRow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 01:34 PM   #7
srl7741
macrumors Demi-God

It does look like an interesting case. I like it, can't wait to see a few reviews of it. I've ordered and waiting on a PDair case which is also very close to this style case.
srl7741 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 01:40 PM   #8
w4rmk
macrumors regular

In that photo at the bottom right corner showing the case as a photo frame stand, what the heck is holding the iPad from sliding out? I sure hope there is a flap that isn't visible in the photo, too bad they don't show any photos of that side.
w4rmk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 01:42 PM   #9
iRabbit
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rmk View Post
In that photo at the bottom right corner showing the case as a photo frame stand, what the heck is holding the iPad from sliding out? I sure hope there is a flap that isn't visible in the photo, too bad they don't show any photos of that side.
You just named the main problem with another ebay case that I bought a few weeks back. There is NOTHING that holds it in on the crease side, so when you try to use it in that orientation the iPad wants to slide out. It sucks.
Old May 11, 2010, 01:45 PM   #10
Fireproof!
macrumors 6502a

Interesting. Would like to see a good hands on review with better pics.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:35 PM   #11
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Quote:

You need to calibrate your monitor. That is saddle brown...nowhere near peach or pink.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:38 PM   #12
LordOBoogie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa Chupa;
You need to calibrate your monitor. That is saddle brown...nowhere near peach or pink.
It looks saddle brown on my iPad. It looked peachy pink on my computer at work. Hah.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:40 PM   #13
sassenach74
macrumors 65816

Quote:
It looks saddle brown on my iPad. It looked peachy pink on my computer at work. Hah.
The poster confused me too. I thought maybe the photo had been changed or something, all I see is brown.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:43 PM   #14
Hammie
macrumors 65816

The black would be nice, but as others mentioned, I am concerned on how the iPad would stay in place. Looks like there are no tabs on the one side.
Hammie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 08:45 PM   #15
3goldens
macrumors 68000

It does have a tab

See the pictures at this link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/YOOBAO-genuine-l...#ht_6294wt_902
Old May 11, 2010, 08:56 PM   #16
Hammie
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3goldens View Post
Wrong tab. We are talking about a tab to hold the iPad in place. This would be something located along the edge without the volume controls. Based on the thread pattern, it would appear that there is nothing on that edge to hold it in place.
Old May 11, 2010, 09:04 PM   #17
srl7741
macrumors Demi-God

Looking at several different images of the case I'm under the impression there is no flap on the inner case area like on the Apple case.
You can sort of see on the tip of the edges they are open. It should show there if it did have something to tuck in behind the iPad like on the Apple case.

Old May 11, 2010, 09:49 PM   #18
Chip NoVaMac
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3N16MA View Post
Has anyone put in an order for this case or actually received one? It has all the functions of the Apple case but is made with leather. I have never heard of the company but they do seem to sell a wide variety of other cases for different products. Looks good other than the white stitching on the black leather that contrasts a little too much.

Looks nice.. but does not look like it would would with the Camera Connection KIT
Old May 12, 2010, 08:19 AM   #19
VetPsychWars
macrumors newbie

I see one issue with it right away... it's covering the ambient light sensor. Kind of hard to use automatic brightness control that way.

Tom
VetPsychWars is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 08:49 AM   #20
ChocolateApple
macrumors 6502

Thanks for sharing. I actually like the Apple case, which I only bought while waiting for my Orbino case, but people can tell that it's an iPad case, even closed.

I once saw someone on the subway reading what I thought was a book until I saw the digital screen, and discovered that it was a Kindle. Granted the Kindle is smaller than the iPad, but that's how I envision using my iPad in public places like the subway...if I ever get the nerve to do that.
ChocolateApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 09:09 AM   #21
3goldens
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
I see one issue with it right away... it's covering the ambient light sensor. Kind of hard to use automatic brightness control that way.

Tom
I have seen pictures with and without the hole that some thought was for a camera down the line. It was in another thread here, do a search.

I am going to take my old Large Filofax, anyone remember Filofax!, and a Speck hard candy case, then go over to my local leathersmith, have him retrofit the Filofax attaching the speck case securely to the back of it and then trim the excess to form fit the back and front to the iPad size in the Speck around it.

It will maintain the a snap and will have a pen loop and perhaps enough room on the other side for a few sheets of paper. Done Deal!
Old May 12, 2010, 09:11 AM   #22
3goldens
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
Looking at several different images of the case I'm under the impression there is no flap on the inner case area like on the Apple case.
You can sort of see on the tip of the edges they are open. It should show there if it did have something to tuck in behind the iPad like on the Apple case.

I have to disagree, on the fourth image there appears to be something on the upper right stitched into the seam, take a look!
Old May 12, 2010, 04:17 PM   #23
srl7741
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3goldens View Post
I have to disagree, on the fourth image there appears to be something on the upper right stitched into the seam, take a look!
That's on the outside edge tho? Maybe I'm looking at it wrong IDK?
I was looking at the inside portion i think?
Old May 12, 2010, 04:29 PM   #24
Hammie
macrumors 65816

I posted a question regarding the questioned side of the case and got the answer back "It is in BLACK!" WTF!!!
Old May 12, 2010, 04:36 PM   #25
srl7741
macrumors Demi-God

hahaha, well?.... thats bad then right? They did not understand the question which says they may not have included that feature b/c they don't understand the need for it. IDK..... Just thinking out loud forget I said that.

Still funny reply tho

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories