Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rossipoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Does anyone know of a reference that lists all of the build-in images for Cocoa? For example when you use [NSImage imageNamed:mad:"NSInfo"], you will get an image of an i inside a blue circle. In interface builder, the Media browser lists some of these, though the list is hardly exhaustive. In particular I would like to know the name for the Warning Logo (yellow triangle), although having a whole list would be even better for future reference.

http://www.makeuseof.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/05-Warning_Sign.png

rossipoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Yes, this is the same list provided by interface builder. I know there are at least some images missing from here for example NSMenuCheckmark.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I suspect that there is a documented "official" list which is what we have with some additional unofficial icons that work. If you want to just open the file for the warning triangle it's at /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/AlertCautionIcon.icns (if you look in that Resources directory most of the core system icons are there).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.