Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
I did something I told myself I would not do and that was try to renable this voice command thing.

went in followed what I thought were the instructions and edited the K48AP.plist file in the dir as per instructions which i thought were clear but apparently they were not as clear as i thought...It totally screwed up the works.

Now I am in an endless boot loop of apple logo and cydia trying to boot the springboard and it is not coming out of it. before I started to do a restore I happened to notice that the ipad was being read with all files, music etc in itunes yet it was still cycling on the screen, which led me to beleive there might be hope of going in and correcting the springboard file.

I can get in to ssh with iphone explorer but it does not edit. my problem is I do not know enough about this to find an easy ssh browser that will allow me to go in and fix this.
I need some help finding out which one to use and it has to be easy as I am not acquainted with any of this, I have the duck one but can not figure out how to get in to the phone.

what would be better is if I had the original springbaord K48AP.plist file if someone could send that to me or help me I would be very very grateful..

NEVER MIND
I Got IN AND FIXED IT EDITED OUT LINE..WORKED LIKE A CHARM.
AND IN THE FUTURE WILL WAIT TILL SOME ONE WRITE S PROGRAM THAT WILL DO THIS
I HAVE NO BUSINESS GOING IN THERE AND MESIN ABOUT!
WHEW!

krizko

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2009
I did something I told myself I would not do and that was try to renable this voice command thing.

went in followed what I thought were the instructions and edited the K48AP.plist file in the dir as per instructions which i thought were clear but apparently they were not as clear as i thought...It totally screwed up the works.

Now I am in an endless boot loop of apple logo and cydia trying to boot the springboard and it is not coming out of it. before I started to do a restore I happened to notice that the ipad was being read with all files, music etc in itunes yet it was still cycling on the screen, which led me to beleive there might be hope of going in and correcting the springboard file.

I can get in to ssh with iphone explorer but it does not edit. my problem is I do not know enough about this to find an easy ssh browser that will allow me to go in and fix this.
I need some help finding out which one to use and it has to be easy as I am not acquainted with any of this, I have the duck one but can not figure out how to get in to the phone.

what would be better is if I had the original springbaord K48AP.plist file if someone could send that to me or help me I would be very very grateful..

NEVER MIND
I Got IN AND FIXED IT EDITED OUT LINE..WORKED LIKE A CHARM.
AND IN THE FUTURE WILL WAIT TILL SOME ONE WRITE S PROGRAM THAT WILL DO THIS
I HAVE NO BUSINESS GOING IN THERE AND MESIN ABOUT!
WHEW!

How did you fix this?

hasaan2

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2011
same thing happened to me and i got the solution to it :)

How did you fix this?

First of all i did the same by going to

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ directory then Editing the K48AP.plist file in TextEdit for activating voice command. Then when i restarted i was screwed as it hanged on apple logo and wheel spinning . I took me 3 days

first ssh into ur idevice and go to the same location ( System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ directory and delete the file K48AP.plist )

then download a new from the link ( http://www.mediafire.com/?sw7y9yu5ksbmulo ) and save on to ur desktop . Now put this downloaded file to ur idevice same location where the old one u deleted was. Walla u r ready to go and u can see it working right on .

Cheers :)

hope it helps every one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.