Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

craigcarlyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2010
Vancouver, BC
There are a bunch of folders on my desktop called "ldap_bk" that I can't delete.

As far as I'm aware, they're created by Time Machine. For some reason, I can't find any information on this happening to anybody else. I can't get rid of them, I even tried using Terminal but it claimed they didn't exist.

Do any of you handsome gentlemen have any ideas on how to get rid of them?

Thanks!

whh7gy.png

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
Well, it looks like you are running OS X Server.

LDAP refers to Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, and is what Open Directory is based on.

Those ldap_bk directories are the product of the Open Directory Archive feature, although these are typically stored in disk images.

Are you running a daemon to backup your server? Something is attempting to backup your server and it is putting the folder on the Desktop. You will have to check your logs to find out what it is unless you are aware of what is doing it (a script you are using or a daemon launching the script) in which case you should fix it so that the backups go elsewhere.

I don't see why Time Machine would be creating those backups, but then again, Time Machine is worthless for backing up OS X Server so I don't use it.

craigcarlyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Well, it looks like you are running OS X Server.

LDAP refers to Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, and is what Open Directory is based on.

Those ldap_bk directories are the product of the Open Directory Archive feature, although these are typically stored in disk images.

Are you running a daemon to backup your server? Something is attempting to backup your server and it is putting the folder on the Desktop. You will have to check your logs to find out what it is unless you are aware of what is doing it (a script you are using or a daemon launching the script) in which case you should fix it so that the backups go elsewhere.

I don't see why Time Machine would be creating those backups, but then again, Time Machine is worthless for backing up OS X Server so I don't use it.

Yeah, it is OS X Server, however the only thing I'm using for backup is Time Machine. I tried looking through Console but found nothing. :confused: Any ideas?

And thanks for the quick response :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.