Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
Hello, with steam coming to mac and being a soon to be MBP owner...I wanted to play Counter Strike Source (a first person shooter) on it and am looking for a good, small and mobile gaming mouse.

What would you recommend:

Currently I am thinking of getting the Razer Orochi wired/wireless bluetooth mouse but with 3 feet of cable length and being a right handed user it might be a little cramped to use.

I have heard reports of this mouse turning off the connection to save batterys but this causes a 1-2 second delay and during game play this will be a major issue. Is there solutions to this...

What other options do I have? Please help

Auszero

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2009
I play a lot of CSS and I'm currently using a Razer DeathAdder. Its only a little bit longer than the Orochi and has served me well.

roliath

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2009
dallas
I run all razer mice, support wise the Orochi/Naga has been the best (lately).
Feel wise, I prefer the Orochi or Copperhead (no support in OS X)
So I would say get whatever feels best in your hand 1st Naga, 2nd Orochi, 3rd Mac Deathadder.

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
Idk how they will feel in my hand right now I am using Win7 and a logitech G7 mouse but looking for a portable mouse and thinking about buying a Orochi.

Is there a way to turn off the auto off (power saver) function so I can use it wirelessly for gaming without the pause?

Also is 3ft cable good enough to go around the MBP15 from left side(usb) to right and have room to move the mouse around on a pad freely?

I want you use this MOUSE on OSX MAC not windows.

Others suggestions appreciated

roliath

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2009
dallas
Idk how they will feel in my hand right now I am using Win7 and a logitech G7 mouse but looking for a portable mouse and thinking about buying a Orochi.

Is there a way to turn off the auto off (power saver) function so I can use it wirelessly for gaming without the pause?

Also is 3ft cable good enough to go around the MBP15 from left side(usb) to right and have room to move the mouse around on a pad freely?

I want you use this MOUSE on OSX MAC not windows.

Others suggestions appreciated

You "cannot" turn off the power saver feature since its bluetooth.
3ft is plenty room to use the orochi in wired mode with a mouse pad next the mbp. I do it all the time with my kabuto + orochi wired.

Razer said they are going to release drivers to support all their mice in osx, or I think it was just the newer ones.

Razer has official osx support for the following mice; naga, orochi, deathadder and imperator.
I also use from time to time a Logitech Performance MX on osx and its great although a bit too bulky for travel for me.

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
You "cannot" turn off the power saver feature since its bluetooth.
3ft is plenty room to use the orochi in wired mode with a mouse pad next the mbp. I do it all the time with my kabuto + orochi wired.

Razer said they are going to release drivers to support all their mice in osx, or I think it was just the newer ones.

Razer has official osx support for the following mice; naga, orochi, deathadder and imperator.
I also use from time to time a Logitech Performance MX on osx and its great although a bit too bulky for travel for me.

Thanks so far I it looks like I will be getting the Orochi mouse with the Kabuto mouse pad to use both as a screen protector and mouse pad for 15 in MBP AG HR

Besides that I have search the net for other comparable mice but havent found one. The 70 price tag is really high too...cheaper alternatives?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.