Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Oct 3, 2004, 01:21 PM   #1
NusuniAdmin

Cocoa, getting focused control

How would I go about getting the currently focused control? I mean there has to be some method I am missing that will return an identifier for the currently focused control.

Also is there a method or something that is called each time a control gets focused and loses the focus.

The reason I am asking is I want some specific things to happen when a control gets its focus and when it loses it.
NusuniAdmin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2004, 03:03 PM   #2
iMeowbot
macrumors 601

You can call the window's firstResponder to get a pointer to the object with that status. Is that what you mean?

This article contains an example; see textObjectToSearchIn

Last edited by iMeowbot; Oct 3, 2004 at 03:26 PM.
iMeowbot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2004, 03:50 PM   #3
NusuniAdmin

this may do what I want, thnx. I will try it out and see how it goes.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 07:37 PM   #4
NusuniAdmin

hmm how come when resignFirstResponder i cannot edit the text in the text field?

like [self setStringValue:@"bla"]; does nothing at all in the resignFirstResponder method.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming