Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qtpiezgurl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I have a 2 year old macbook that has generally worked well. About 4 days ago, I put it to sleep and didn't touch it again until yesterday so the battery had obviously been drained. I've done this before in the past and whenever I plug the charger back in, the computer starts right up, no problem. This time however, the macbook won't start up, the charger is a solid amber color for about 3 seconds before switching to a blinking green. The screen blinks black (as in I don't even hear the chime and get the gray startup screen) and the little white light in the front blinks quite rapidly. I've tried resetting the PMU several times to no avail. I've taken the ram out and tried each one individually with no changes. I checked the ram carefully as well and they don't seem fried or anything. I've tried plugging the charger in with the battery and without the battery and the result is still the same.

I have another friend here with a macbook so I'm going to test it out with her charger this weekend as well as charge my battery in her laptop and then pop it back into mine and see if it works (although this is really a last ditch attempt on my part).

Any ideas on how to fix it or what the problem is? I don't live in the States so going to a Genius Bar isn't an option.

miicah

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2010
Try taking out your ram, and replacing it one at a time to see if they are faulty. If you can get some other ram to test that would be good as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.