Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 12, 2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Teresa-Giudice
macrumors newbie

Handbrake settings for Movies with 5.1 and TV Shows?

Hi. This is probably been asked quite a few times, but the search gave me some threads related to older Handbrake versions so it was slightly different..

What settings would you recommend for ripping movies using Handbrake to playback through my TV through Front Row? I'd like best possible quality/space taken, and I'll be using an optical cable so I'd like 5.1 included, but also the stereo track so I can put it on my iPhone, which also means the file must be compatible with both iPhone and Front Row.

Also.. TV shows. Compression is a lot more important here compared to movies. Would like 5.1 & stereo and what's the best settings to get good quality files for the TV but not take up a lot of space, and would also like them to be compatible with my iPhone?

Thanks!
Teresa-Giudice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 10:44 AM   #2
NightStorm
macrumors 68000

Start with the Apple Universal preset.
NightStorm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 12:19 PM   #3
cantthinkofone
macrumors 65816

I use the Xbox 360 preset since I use it to watch stuff. Older movies, ones i ripped and encoded about a year ago, only have stereo audio. But the last 10 or so I have done with the same settings have 5.1 audio. I don't use the 64 bit version because I had problems with it.
cantthinkofone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater