Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Have any of you seen the ipad billboard? I believe i passed by it in Culver City...

Kibbe17

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh???

Is it just me or does it seem like apple should've waited a little bit for this. As if demand isn't already high enough. And with the international release closing in, the lines and wait times will just continue growing and growing and growing.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
I actually enjoyed the ad a lot. I like that Apple has moved away from the stark and minimalistic ads they usually put out. It's something new, and I think it describes the iPad nicely and peaks interest for consumers.

Speedy2

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2008
The Newton ad is so much better, smarter and funnier (just saw both ads for the first time)

Meandmunch

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
No the ad is not as creative or high concept as some apple campaigns have been in the past but I do think it does a fantastic job describing what an iPad can do. I'm sure Apples marketing team knows most folks out there have heard of the iPad but are still clueless as to what it can do or do for them. This ad addresses that perfectly. Just about every demographic was touched on as well as all the core capabilities.

Someone mentioned how an ad like this will just create more demand for a product thats already hard to get. Sure, why not. Nothing creates crazy have-to-have-it, ebay scalping desire than not being able to get one. I know that sounds counterintuitive but that starve the market place strategy drove Nintendo Wii sales to the top for over three years. Again Apple knows what they are doing and what they are capable of producing to meet that demand.

salesguy

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Would they stop with the "its magical" tag line? Its cool yes, but not magical.

Peter Coyote is the voice in the commercial I do believe.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Collector here....

THIS IS AWESOME!

So cool to see Apple remember where it's been...

Aren't there a whole bunch of "nods" to the Newton? I know Notes in iPhone/Touch has a bunch of Newton-esce stuff...

PCClone

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2010
I like it. Nothing like real life scenarios to help showcase the iPad. Maybe this thing will start selling now. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.