Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2010
Hi guys,
I was wondering if you could help me out a bit. I've been searching the web all night and just can't seem to find anything on how to get audio OUT of my mac and into a channel on my mixer because ive only got one aux output, how can i plug 4 rcas in from there? :s the reason for my question is because im planning to mix a bit with my macbook live with virtual dj as well as mixing as normal with my vinyl.
Thanks,
notezy

notez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2010
well in a way i do but how do i get it so i can use virtual dj using the two channels on my mixer instead of having to mess about with the on screen mixer which is hell. those aux to rca cables mean i could only connect one channel?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
well in a way i do but how do i get it so i can use virtual dj using the two channels on my mixer instead of having to mess about with the on screen mixer which is hell. those aux to rca cables mean i could only connect one channel?

Most 3.5mm to RCA cables allow to transfer two channels (stereo - left & right) so you would have two channels to work with.

Also the 3.5mm audio out port on the Mac works as a line out. Just hit play in that DJ software and adjust the volume via the external mixer.

notez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2010
when you say two channel do you mean Red and White or what i mean which is the use of four rcas in total?
(cheers for the help btw)

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
when you say two channel do you mean Red and White or what i mean which is the use of four rcas in total?
(cheers for the help btw)

One RCA plug transfers one channel, thus the red and white/black RCA plugs transfer two channels, if the 3.5mm plug is a stereo plug (two black rings around the metal spike).

But I think I don't understand your "four RCA plugs" confusion.

As you have a mixer, it should have two input channels (with two audio channels (left and right) per channel (confusing maybe)) to get the input of two stereo audio devices, like another deck or something, so you can mix those two sources.

mesq

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
If you want to run two stereo channels from Virtual DJ into a mixer you will need to buy an audio interface with 2 stereo outputs? How more logical can it get?

You can either have 2 mono out puts or 1 stereo output. Simple.

wilycoder

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
If you want to run two stereo channels from Virtual DJ into a mixer you will need to buy an audio interface with 2 stereo outputs? How more logical can it get?

You can either have 2 mono out puts or 1 stereo output. Simple.

/thread

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.