Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Old May 15, 2010, 07:41 PM   #1
VinnieB
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up Fixed The Problem 'Charging not supported by this accessory'

Howdy. My friend has a Jailbroken iPod Touch 3G, and he recently bought a wall charger from China for $3 or something. When he plugs it in to charge it, the iPod displays the infamous message, 'Charging is not supported by this accessory'. Obviously this was an inconvenience. Somehow, by playing around with the iPod, we actually managed to get the charger working. Everytime we tried to plug it in, it gave the same message, but for some reason, we went inside SBSettings, and then into dock, and plugged it in. IT WORKED!! This is the only way we've found to make it work, and I thought it was a bit odd.

Could anyone else try this out and see if it works for them?
VinnieB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:26 AM   #2
liamkp
macrumors 68020

What happened to his original apple cord?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories