Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fa7mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Macau
Hi there
I have a question, is there a way to open file location folder through Spotlight search function? I mean when you do a search on spotlight and it finds the file you are looking for, if you hit ENTER it will automatically open the file (in iTunes if it is a mp3, in InDesidn if it a .indl an so on)
what if you want to access the folder the file is on?
I am makng this question because I have my computer very organized and my stuff are into folders>in a folder> in a folder> in another folder>in a folder....
and it can be a pain to go through all those folders till I find what I want

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
Click "Show All" and it will open a Finder window, wherein you can click on any file or folder to reveal it's secret location.

613a160b624314af84edd954448d4622.png

Fa7mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Macau
Thank you all! It is always good to earn some hours kore when working with computers!

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
You can also command+click on the entry and it will show it in the finder.

It should be filed as a bug that holding command while the spotlight menu is open doesn't reveal the change in what clicking on the menu item will do...

or at least it doesn't in 10.8.5... I'll have to check the Maverick beta on my other machine...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.