Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
Hey Guys,
My iPhone 3GS keeps getting this message when I try to go to a website on Safari,despite having full bars and a 3G connection.

"Can't Activate Cellular Data Network'

And sometimes the page might load,but when I try to go to a different page,it would just keep loading and nothing happens.
My iPhone is not jailbroken btw.
Also,it would take extremely long for an article to load on wikipanion,and other apps,not only Safari.
Even on mail,it can't connect to the server.
How can I fix this?

Thanks.

EDIT: This just started happening today.

Merk13

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2010
If I recall correctly there is an APN key that you need from your carrier that has to be entered in the phone before your data plan will connect.

iRance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
I'm on AT&T. It's just a normal 3GS that you could buy at AT&T for $200 with a $40 monthly plan. I've had my phone for almost a year now.

CDNIphone3GS

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2010
I just started having the same problem. No help from my carrier or Apple. I tried everything on/off,hard reset, reset network and all settings, additionally my carrier is jumping to AT&T, which never happened before even though I am in a border town. My carrier is TELUS in Canada, no issues with iPhone 3GS since I got it in Feb. Even when I travel over the to the US across the bridge and tunnel from Windsor to Detroit the carrier never jumped like it does now. Apparently I am going to have to get a new SIM which is supposed to fix the problem??? Going to do that tomorrow, I'll let you know what happens.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.