Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmcconkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Rocky Face, GA
I have a Leopard server running at my work but for some reason it is now running very slow compared to this Friday.

Over the weekend we had some storms and had a power outage, I do have a battery backup on all of my servers.

The server specs are as follows:
2.8 Quad-Core (Single Processor)
6GB ram
Server HD of 80gb with about 50gb open.
The other two drive bays are set up in a raid and is used for storage.

The speed problems are very apparent when I log into the server at the log in screen, it takes about 25-30 seconds. Also this computer is set up as an AFP and SMB share, the SMB will not connect at all. The AFP share is connecting but it will take about 10-15 seconds.

I have repaired permissions both Saturday and again this morning, both times there were repairs made.

Any suggestions on what else I can try?

bld44

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2007
I'd try resetting the PRAM just for the hell of it. Perhaps something is off with the cache.

cmcconkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Rocky Face, GA
This problem has just popped back up again, well maybe it has been there but was not as noticeable.

Here is a list of what I just did.

Single user FSCK
PRAM Zap (not sure if it worked didn't ever notice the second restart)
Power down, unplug, press power button for extended amount of time.

Any suggestions on where I should go from here?

Mattie Num Nums

macrumors 68030
Mar 5, 2009
USA
This problem has just popped back up again, well maybe it has been there but was not as noticeable.

Here is a list of what I just did.

Single user FSCK
PRAM Zap (not sure if it worked didn't ever notice the second restart)
Power down, unplug, press power button for extended amount of time.

Any suggestions on where I should go from here?

Check your log files and running processes. See if maybe you have a runaway process hogging up resources.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.